Virtual health platform assists employers in managing the needs of their remote workforce at no cost
TORONTO, March 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ – League Inc., North America’s leading enterprise health OS, today announced that it will offer a complimentary trial of its Health Benefits Experience platform (HBXTM) to enterprises in need. The three-month program will help alleviate the current healthcare and administrative burden on HR teams during the COVID-19 crisis.
“This is an incredibly challenging time in our communities, for individuals, families and businesses,” says Mike Serbinis, Founder and CEO of League. “HR leaders in particular are facing unprecedented pressure to provide critical information and resources to their organization and ensure their employees are feeling supported during this tumultuous time. The League platform will help address these very real challenges so HR leaders can be the voice of calm in a sea of uncertainty.”
This platform will give employers the health and technology resources they need to provide enhanced healthcare navigation, access, and resources to newly-decentralized workforces during the rapidly-escalating situation. The complimentary version of the platform includes:
- A mobile-first communication channel for employers
- Health Concierge services that give employees real-time access to health professionals who can answer questions, help with care navigation, and connect them with resources
- Access to virtual preliminary COVID-19 screenings
- A centralized point of access that provides timely, accurate, and credible information about the pandemic with resources from the World Health Organization and Cleveland Clinic, League’s Chief Medical Director
- An easily-accessible digital wallet to house EAP information and other employer-provided programs (e.g. spending account administration to fund work-from-home office setups and family support)
- A personalized health profile that enables data-driven recommendations and nudges to promote healthy behaviors
- Access to additional health-focused services and a wide variety of health programs, including stress and anxiety management programs
The League platform, which meets HIPAA and SOC 2 Type II compliance requirements, plugs in easily into existing HR platforms like Workday, an investor in the company. Once employee information is supplied, enrollment can be done within 48 hours. Companies like Shopify, Uber, and Unilever are amongst the hundreds of enterprise organizations already using League to provide a best-in-class employee healthcare experience.
“We are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to empower people with their health so we have made this trial program simple to implement and can have companies up and running in about a week,” said Dan Leibu, Chief Operating Officer at League. “HBXTM is cloud-based and has minimal implementation requirements for HR teams. This, in addition to the comprehensive resource center that we have compiled, gives HR professionals the tools they need to help their teams stay healthy.”
League aims to help employers help their teams during this time of crisis and encourages employers to reach out directly at league.com/getstarted or through the network of brokers and advisors they work with.
League is North America’s leading enterprise health OS, a data-driven platform designed to provide a single access hub for employees to engage with their health, lifestyle and benefit programs through a category-defining Health Benefits Experience: HBX™. This new “front door” to healthcare eliminates the current sea of point solutions through an integrated ecosystem of over 100 insurance carriers, healthcare partners and HRIS systems including Workday and Cleveland Clinic. Forward-thinking companies like Unilever, Uber, Shopify, and Lush Cosmetics are among hundreds of employers using League to revolutionize their employee experience, drive better benefits utilization and reduce costs.
SOURCE League Inc.